Wednesday 26 January 2011

Post Production

During the time of filming, my role was the camera and sound and I had to ensure that I looked after the the cameras and tri-pod's, and that when we was filming that I could make the directors imagination come to live through the film, also to effectively convey the different emotions of the characters and his intention of style through the film which was a psychological thriller. Also as the Camera and Sound I had to create the sound of our thriller, which was very complicating at first as the technology we had to use I had never used before but after some tutorial lesson on how to use it I got on to making the thriller track. When making the sound track, I had to make sure it matched every scene in the film


We used Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro, and the Mac Computers this was so that we could edit our final footage and add effects and text to the film, this made the film a lot better because we were able to do things that we could not do on the camera. When I used the programmes we had wide variety of things we could use such as the black and white effect which made things look more bold and added more emotions to the characters facial expressions. Logic Pro allowed us to make the thriller sound track we was important because this would help the up beat soundtrack conventional to a thriller film because this created suspense because as the beat go faster the tension was building up this was so that the target audience would be able to tell that something was about to happen.


The negative that we came across was not everyone was able to agree on the same effects such as the black and white, some members of the group thought that we could have used something else, and some thought that we should use the black and white because it gives of different emotions. Positive from the editing is that when the group was not arguing we got on well and discussed things as we was editing this shows a good sign of team work, and hard working trying to achieve the best grade possible. Furthermore another positive is that we all agreed on the same sound track for our thriller film which did save some time in the editing process because we was able to spend more time on the actual footage.



The skills I have learnt from this post productions i have gained a lot of experience from my final project.  The second piece of technology I used was logic pro, were we had to create a sound track, this is what I found most difficult because I had to create a soundtrack from scratch I had to make the thriller soundtrack which also went with the opening. Although this was not my job role I still wanted a go at editing so I could gain some more experience on more technology, I had a go at editing the clip such as adding the effect of black and white and adding text at the beginning of the film. The reason I wanted to have a go at that was because I wanted to have more of say as well went it came to editing as to say what technique  to use such as a black and white effect.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Lyden you have explained the process you went through during the post production stages of your opening sequence and what was required of you as the camera and sound person.

    Try and go into more detail on how you created the sound track for examples what types of sounds did you use, at what part of your production did you use them and why. You must re read over your work and check your grammar and sentence structure as this is letting you down and makes your work hard to understand at times.

    ReplyDelete